Time: 1 hour per week
Langdon is a Jewish Charity, an ambitious, forward-thinking organisation supporting adults and young people with learning disabilities and autism to live independent lives through supported living, education, employment support and social activities. We support people in the Jewish Community in both London and Manchester enabling those to thrive and have equal opportunities and empowering them to live their very best lives and be their best, true selves.
What will you be doing?
The Therapy Dog Volunteer will play a crucial role in providing comfort to our Members in a group or 1-1 environment. You and your therapy dog will help improve the quality of life for those in need, promoting a sense of well-being and bringing joy to the lives of our Members. Your presence and the interactions with the therapy dog will contribute to a positive and therapeutic environment.
The role includes:
- Bringing your Therapy dog to group or 1-1 sessions.
- Creating a calm and therapeutic atmosphere.
- Ensuring our members are safe at all times.
- Weekly commitment to ensure stability for our members.
- Promoting and adhering to the workplace values: Excellence, Responsive, Integrity, Caring and Empowering.
What are we looking for?
- You have a willingness to support others.
- You are a good communicator when it comes to others who experience the world differently.
- You have excellent interpersonal skills including empathy, active listening, and communication.
- You have experience working with people with learning disabilities (not essential).
What impact will I make and what will I gain?
- An opportunity to use your time to make a real difference to a charitable organisation.
- Being a part of long-standing community service.
- Networking with local organisations and gaining office experience working in the charity sector.
- An opportunity to develop your professional skills and boost your CV.
- A certificate and reference on completion of your volunteering time at Langdon.
How to apply
- Please complete the below application form or provide a covering letter, no more than 1 page of A4, and your CV to Tash at firstname.lastname@example.org
- All staff and volunteers require DBS checks and a reference.
To find out more about how you can help support Langdon please contact Tash at email@example.com
Closing Date- 31st August 2023
Whilst we support the Jewish community, we celebrate and benefit from the diversity of the communities in which we are based and welcome applicants from all backgrounds.
We reserve the right depending on application numbers to close or extend the closing dates for positions; we would therefore recommend an early application.