Langdon believes that everyone who comes into contact with the organisation should be treated with the highest standards of professional care and respect. We welcome your views, so let us know what we do well and what we can do better. We take what you tell us seriously and regularly report on our compliments and complaints to Langdon’s Trustee Board. Your feedback will help us to improve and to meet the high standards we strive to attain.
It is good to hear when we do something well, it helps us to do even better. For those staff and volunteers who go ‘above and beyond’, we would like them to know that they are valued and respected. Let us know if someone is making a difference to you.
If you have a concern, suggestion or idea you would like to share with us, then we would like to hear your views.
Our aim is to resolve complaints or concerns as speedily as possible.
- Please inform the person in charge if you are concerned about something. It is quite possible they will be able to sort out the problem straight away. If the problem cannot be resolved immediately, you will receive a response within 7 working days. If more time is required, you will be informed of the reason in writing.
- If you are not satisfied with the response or feel unable to discuss your concern with the person in charge, you can call us, write to us, or complete and return the attached form.
- We will send you a written acknowledgement of your complaint within 7 working days of receiving it. Following a thorough investigation, you will receive a full response within 28 days.
- You may, of course, arrange to meet the person conducting the investigation to discuss your concerns at any time during the process.
- If you remain dissatisfied, your complaint will be referred to a Langdon Director for further consideration. The Director will provide you with the final decision in writing within 28 calendar days unless we have previously agreed on an alternative deadline.
- We will cooperate fully with anyone acting on your behalf, subject to their having the appropriate authority to do so.
Langdon’s supported living service is regulated by the Care Quality Commission (CQC). Even though CQC do not usually investigate individual complaints they would like to hear about your experience.
Their contact details are Care Quality Commission, Citygate, Gallowgate, Newcastle-upon-Tyne NE1 4PA.
Telephone: 03000 616 161 or visit: www.cqc.org.uk
The Local Government Ombudsman can investigate complaints from anyone using a regulated service such as home care, care homes or independent living. You can contact the Local Government Ombudsman at any time during the investigation process or if you are dissatisfied with the outcome. We will cooperate fully with the Ombudsman during any investigation and comply with the resulting decision.
Their contact details are The Local Government Ombudsman, PO Box 4771, Coventry CV4 0EH
Telephone: 03000 610614 or visit www.lgo.org.uk
Langdon is a member of the Institute of Fundraising (IoF) and the Fundraising Regulator.
If you have a fundraising complaint you can telephone or write to the Fundraising Regulator (0300 999 3407) or complete and return the attached form.
If you are not satisfied with the outcome of the investigation into your fundraising complaint, you can contact the Fundraising Regulator within 30 days of our response.
Their contact details are Fundraising Regulator, 2nd Floor, CAN Mezzanine Building, 49-51 East Road, London, N1 6AH
If you have received a Fundraising communication from us and would prefer not to receive these in the future then please contact us on 0208 951 3942 and we will update our records. Please allow 7 days for such a request to become fully effective.