Langdon’s services are growing year on year as more and more vulnerable young adults turn to us for support. The nature of their complex conditions and our belief in treating each person as an individual means that they require intensive support, which is costly to provide.
Every penny raised for Langdon helps support our core services that work to develop the skills of our members that enable them to live more independently within the community.
Everyone at Langdon greatly appreciates the hard work of all of our supporters and we thank you for your continued efforts.
Ways to fundraise
Due to COVID-19, we have seen a number of planned fundraising activities cancelled. We, therefore, need your help more than ever and there are still many ways to support us during this time. Here are some suggestions to help inspire you:
Host a virtual social event
- Virtual dinner party – invite your friends to dinner over webcam. You can all donate to attend or pay what you would have spent dining out. For even more fun, set up your own Come Dine With Me or Ready, Steady, Cook challenge!
- Movie night – host a movie night for you and your friends, with everyone logging on from their sofa at home and donating the cost of a cinema ticket.
- Host a quiz – hold a Zoom pub quiz or turn your lounge into the Generation Game!
- Play the classic game of charades! Losers of every round have to put money in a pot!
- Challenge your friends and family to a game of bingo, monopoly or Risk
Use your skills
- Run a class – teach your friends something new, like online yoga, a language or cooking class. Or you could send recipes by email for a donation
- Give a gift – use your creativity for a good cause! Write poems, songs, craft something, or make greeting cards to raise money.
Fundraise with colleagues
- Get them giggling – Will you wear a funny costume on a video call, work from your bath or serenade your team?
- Team social – get together for a post-work social through video chat and donate what you would have spent on drinks! You could also add the cost of your collective commutes.
You can choose how you want to help – we’ll support you all the way. To discuss this further please email Sara.email@example.com or fill in this form and we’ll get in touch with you.