Time: 1 hour per week
Langdon is a Jewish Charity, an ambitious, forward-thinking organisation supporting adults and young people with learning disabilities and autism to live independent lives through supported living, education, employment support and social activities. We support people in the Jewish Community in both London and Manchester enabling those to thrive and have equal opportunities and empowering them to live their very best lives and be their best, true selves.
What will you be doing?
Maybe you’re a photography student, maybe you’re a retired photographer, or maybe you just enjoy photography in your spare time. Come along and help a Member 1-1 to improve their photography skills.
The role includes:
- Availability on a Wednesday at 3pm.
- Support a Member who wants to learn more about photography.
- Weekly commitment to ensure stability for our members.
- Promoting and adhering to the workplace values: Excellence, Responsive, Integrity, Caring and Empowering.
What are we looking for?
- You are able to teach the basics of photography.
- You can come up with fun and interesting topics to learn each week.
- You are a good communicator when it comes to others with disabilities and autism.
- You have excellent interpersonal skills including empathy, active listening, and communication.
- You are understanding.
- You have the desire to support others.
What impact will I make and what will I gain?
- An opportunity to help a charitable organisation make a real difference in the lives of people with learning disabilities.
- Being a part of long-standing community service.
- Networking with local organisations and gaining office experience working in the charity sector.
- An opportunity to develop your professional skills and boost your CV.
- A certificate and reference on completion of your volunteering time at Langdon.
How to apply
- Please complete the below application form or provide a covering letter, no more than 1 page of A4, and your CV to Tash at email@example.com
- All staff and volunteers require DBS checks and a reference.
To find out more about how you can help support Langdon please contact Tash at firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date- 31st August 2023
Whilst we support the Jewish community, we celebrate and benefit from the diversity of the communities in which we are based and welcome applicants from all backgrounds.
We reserve the right depending on application numbers to close or extend the closing dates for positions; we would therefore recommend an early application.