Time: 1-2 hours per week
Langdon is a Jewish Charity, an ambitious, forward-thinking organisation supporting adults and young people with learning disabilities and autism to live independent lives through supported living, education, employment support and social activities. We support people in the Jewish Community in both London and Manchester enabling those to thrive and have equal opportunities and empowering them to live their very best lives and be their best, true selves.
What will you be doing?
Sometimes all we want to do is have a bit of relaxation and pampering. If this sounds like you then why not apply to be a Pamper Night Volunteer for our Members. We are looking for one volunteer in London and one volunteer in Manchester to support our pamper night activities for our Members.
- Motivating our members to join in and socialise.
- Has a general interest in helping others relax and feel good about themselves.
- Has an interest in make-up and could teach basic techniques (Not essential).
- Can paint nails and could teach techniques (Not essential).
- Can do French braids in other people’s hair (Not essential).
- Ensuring our members are safe at all times.
- Helping to create a social and friendly environment.
- Regular commitment to ensure stability for our members.
- Promoting and adhering to the workplace values: Excellence, Responsive, Integrity, Caring and Empowering.
What are we looking for?
- You are person-centred and outgoing.
- You enjoy relaxing activities.
- You have excellent interpersonal skills including empathy, active listening and communication.
- You are enthusiastic.
- You have the desire to support others.
- You have experience working with people with learning disabilities (not essential).
What impact will I make and what will I gain?
- An opportunity to use your time to make a real difference to a charitable organisation.
- Being a part of long-standing community service.
- Networking with local organisations and gaining office experience working in the charity sector.
- An opportunity to develop your professional skills and boost your CV.
- A certificate and reference on completion of your volunteering time at Langdon.
How to apply
- Please complete the below application form or provide a covering letter, no more than 1 page of A4, and your CV to Tash at email@example.com
- All staff and volunteers require DBS checks and a reference.
To find out more about how you can help support Langdon please contact Tash at firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date- 31st August 2023
Whilst we support the Jewish community, we celebrate and benefit from the diversity of the communities in which we are based and welcome applicants from all backgrounds.
We reserve the right depending on application numbers to close or extend the closing dates for positions; we would therefore recommend an early application.