Time: 1 hour per week
Langdon is a Jewish Charity, an ambitious, forward-thinking organisation supporting adults and young people with learning disabilities and autism to live independent lives through supported living, education, employment support and social activities. We support people in the Jewish Community in both London and Manchester enabling those to thrive and have equal opportunities and empowering them to live their very best lives and be their best, true selves.
What will you be doing?
We are seeking a dedicated and compassionate Music Therapy Volunteer to join us on Thursdays from 3:00 PM to 4:00 PM. The volunteer will play an integral role in enhancing the well-being and quality of life for individuals through the power of music. This position offers an opportunity to create a positive impact by using music to address emotional, cognitive, and social needs.
The role includes:
- Availability from 3-4pm on Thursdays
- Engage with participants in a respectful and empathetic manner, creating a comfortable and safe environment for exploration and expression.
- Play and/or sing a variety of musical genres and styles that cater to the preferences and interests of the participants.
- Encourage active participation, interaction, and communication among participants during the music therapy session.
- Weekly commitment to provide stability for our Members.
- Encourage conversations of mutual interest and maintaining flow of conversation.
- An understanding of the importance of safeguarding and maintaining client confidentiality.
What are we looking for?
- A genuine passion for music and its therapeutic potential to positively impact individuals.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to connect with individuals from diverse backgrounds and abilities.
- Empathy, patience, and sensitivity when working with individuals facing emotional, cognitive, or physical challenges.
What impact will I make and what will I gain?
- Opportunity to make a meaningful difference in the lives of participants through music therapy.
- Enhance your musical and interpersonal skills while contributing to a valuable community service.
- Being a part of long-standing community service.
- Networking with local organisations and gaining experience working in the charity sector.
- An opportunity to develop your professional skills and boost your CV.
How to apply
- Please complete the below application form or provide a covering letter, no more than 1 page of A4, and your CV to Tash at firstname.lastname@example.org
- All staff and volunteers require DBS checks and a reference.
To find out more about how you can help support Langdon please contact Tash at email@example.com
Closing Date- 31st October 2023
Whilst we support the Jewish community, we celebrate and benefit from the diversity of the communities in which we are based and welcome applicants from all backgrounds.
We reserve the right depending on application numbers to close or extend the closing dates for positions; we would therefore recommend an early application.