Time: 2-3 hours per month
Langdon is a Jewish Charity, an ambitious, forward-thinking organisation supporting adults and young people with learning disabilities and autism to live independent lives through supported living, education, employment support and social activities. We support people in the Jewish Community in both London and Manchester enabling those to thrive and have equal opportunities and empowering them to live their very best lives and be their best, true selves.
What will you be doing?
If you enjoy Friday Night Dinner and want to share this experience in a way that will support the community, then come and volunteer at Friday Night Dinners for the Langdon Members and help adults with learning disabilities and autism to take part in this restful time of the week.
You can join us on your own or volunteer with friends. All branches of Judaism and levels of religiosity are welcome. You will be based in Edgware on a Friday evening (time will vary depending on time of year).
The role includes:
- Saying the prayers to bring in shabbat
- To help the Members join in with benching.
- Include the Members in discussing what Shabbat means to them.
- Creating a fun and inclusive atmosphere.
- Being supportive and encouraging.
- Ensuring our Members are safe at all times.
- Monthly commitment to ensure stability for our members.
- Promoting and adhering to the workplace values: Excellence, Responsive, Integrity, Caring and Empowering.
What are we looking for?
- You are person-centred.
- You have excellent interpersonal skills including empathy, active listening and communication.
- You have the desire to support others.
- You enjoy shabbat and want to share that with others.
What impact will I make and what will I gain?
- An opportunity to use your time to make a real difference to a charitable organisation.
- Being a part of long-standing community service.
- Networking with local organisations and gaining office experience working in the charity sector.
- An opportunity to develop your professional skills and boost your CV.
- A certificate and reference on completion of your volunteering time at Langdon.
How to apply
- Please complete the below application form or provide a covering letter, no more than 1 page of A4, and your CV to Tash at email@example.com
- All staff and volunteers require DBS checks and a reference.
To find out more about how you can help support Langdon please contact Tash at firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date- 31st December 2023
Whilst we support the Jewish community, we celebrate and benefit from the diversity of the communities in which we are based and welcome applicants from all backgrounds.
We reserve the right depending on application numbers to close or extend the closing dates for positions; we would therefore recommend an early application.