Time: 2-4 hours per week
Langdon is a Jewish Charity, an ambitious, forward-thinking organisation supporting adults and young people with learning disabilities and autism to live independent lives through supported living, education, employment support and social activities. We support people in the Jewish Community in both London and Manchester enabling those to thrive and have equal opportunities and empowering them to live their very best lives and be their best, true selves.
What will you be doing?
Do you want to mentor or have mentoring experience? This is a great opportunity for someone wants to use their experience to support adults with learning disabilities and autism into employment.
You can volunteer any day between Monday-Thursday and any time between 10am-4pm. We are flexible and will appreciate however much of your time you are able to give.
This role includes:
- Assisting Members with applications
- Travel training -This means supporting Members being more comfortable when travelling to work.
- In-work support (when necessary).
- Regular commitment to ensure stability for our Members.
- Promoting and adhering to the workplace values: Excellence, Responsive, Integrity, Caring and Empowering.
What are we looking for?
- You are person-centred.
- You are a good communicator when it comes to others with disabilities and autism.
- You have excellent interpersonal skills including empathy, active listening, and communication.
- You have the desire to support others.
- You are willing to spend time to understanding the individual’s needs.
- You have experience working with people with learning disabilities (not essential).
What impact will I make and what will I gain?
- An opportunity to use your time to make a real difference to a charitable organisation.
- Being a part of long-standing community service.
- Networking with local organisations and gaining office experience working in the charity sector.
- An opportunity to develop your professional skills and boost your CV.
- A certificate and reference on completion of your volunteering time at Langdon.
How to apply
- Please complete the below application form or provide a covering letter, no more than 1 page of A4, and your CV to Tash at email@example.com
- All staff and volunteers require DBS checks and a reference.
To find out more about how you can help support Langdon please contact Tash at firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date- 31st December 2023
Whilst we support the Jewish community, we celebrate and benefit from the diversity of the communities in which we are based and welcome applicants from all backgrounds.
We reserve the right depending on application numbers to close or extend the closing dates for positions; we would therefore recommend an early application.