Time: 2 hours a week (minimum)
Langdon is a Jewish Charity, an ambitious, forward-thinking organisation supporting adults and young people with learning disabilities and autism to live independent lives through supported living, education, employment support and social activities. We support people in the Jewish Community in both London and Manchester enabling those to thrive and have equal opportunities and empowering them to live their very best lives and be their best, true selves.
About New Chapters
New Chapters is our thriving online second-hand book business – with a difference. The busy 3,000 square-foot warehouse provides an opportunity for our Members to take their first step into the world of work, regardless of how complex their needs may be. Paid Langdon Members and volunteers work side-by-side to run the business, sorting stock, scanning books and processing orders.
What will you be doing?
This is a great opportunity for someone who enjoys sitting at a desk to list our donated books ready to be sold on. You will be working alongside our members as well.
You can volunteer any day between Monday-Thursday and any time between 10am-4pm. We are flexible and will appreciate how ever much of your time you are able to give.
The role includes:
- Listing second-hand donated books/ comics/ CDs on Amazon/Ebay
- Patience and understanding when it comes to adults with learning disabilities and autism.
- Ensuring our members are safe at all times.
- Regular commitment to ensure stability for our members.
- Promoting and adhering to the workplace values: Excellence, Responsive, Integrity, Caring and Empowering.
What are we looking for?
- You have proficient computer skills.
- You are person-centred.
- You are a good communicator when it comes to others with disabilities and autism.
- You have excellent interpersonal skills including empathy, active listening, and communication.
- You have the desire to support others.
- You have experience working with people with learning disabilities (not essential).
What impact will I make and what will I gain?
- An opportunity to use your time to make a real difference to a charitable organisation.
- Being part of long-standing community service.
- Networking with local organisations and gain work experience.
- An opportunity to develop your professional skills and boost your CV.
- A certificate and reference on completion of your volunteering time at Langdon.
How to apply
- Please complete the below application form or provide a covering letter, no more than 1 page of A4, and your CV to Tash at email@example.com
- All staff and volunteers require DBS checks and a reference.
To find out more about how you can help support Langdon please contact Tash at firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date- 31st August 2023
Whilst we support the Jewish community, we celebrate and benefit from the diversity of the communities in which we are based and welcome applicants from all backgrounds.
We reserve the right depending on application numbers to close or extend the closing dates for positions; we would therefore recommend an early application.