Time: 30 minutes per week
Langdon is a Jewish Charity, an ambitious, forward-thinking organisation supporting adults and young people with learning disabilities and autism to live independent lives through supported living, education, employment support and social activities. We support people in the Jewish Community in both London and Manchester enabling those to thrive and have equal opportunities and empowering them to live their very best lives and be their best, true selves.
What will you be doing?
We have a Member who voluntarily runs a Hebrew class for her peers but would really benefit from a volunteer to support her. You don’t have to be an expert at Hebrew, you just need to have the enthusiasm to help our Member to create lesson plans and encourage her during the class.
The role includes:
- Availability on a Thursday 11-11:30am.
- May need to meet a little earlier to plan the lesson.
- Supporting with weekly lessons.
- Discussing ideas along with our Member.
- Contributing to an inclusive environment.
What are we looking for?
- The skills to plan lessons and assist with teaching others.
- The ability to create an exciting atmosphere for learning.
- Able to be flexible.
- Ensuring our members are safe.
- Promoting and adhering to the workplace values: Excellence, Responsive, Integrity, Caring and Empowering.
What impact will I make and what will I gain?
- An opportunity to use your time to make a real difference to a charitable organisation.
- Being a part of long-standing community service.
- Networking with local organisations and gaining office experience working in the charity sector.
- An opportunity to develop your professional skills and boost your CV.
- A certificate and reference on completion of your volunteering time at Langdon.
How to apply
- Please complete the below application form or provide a covering letter, no more than 1 page of A4, and your CV to Tash at email@example.com
- All staff and volunteers require DBS checks and a reference.
To find out more about how you can help support Langdon please contact Tash at firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date- 31st August 2023
Whilst we support the Jewish community, we celebrate and benefit from the diversity of the communities in which we are based and welcome applicants from all backgrounds.
We reserve the right depending on application numbers to close or extend the closing dates for positions; we would therefore recommend an early application.