We are currently looking for Support Workers who are passionate about helping others and can provide a great standard of care. The role will be based in Edgware; however, travel may be required between local properties.
You will be expected to work flexible hours including sleep in’s, weekends and bank holidays in accordance with client need.
Langdon was founded 25 years ago, and our services have steadily grown and we now help over 100 young Jewish people, providing education, supported living and employment services. We are proud that our members lead independent lives that, without Langdon, they could only dream about.
You will be required to work individually and as part of a team to support and enable individuals to live as independently as possible by assisting individuals to develop new and existing skills. You will also be responsible for working with our employment team to facilitate employment opportunities and assisting and supporting individuals to enjoy an active social life.
• To assist in supporting Individuals in designing and developing their support/care plans and reviews
• To assist and support Individuals to achieve goals that link to the Langdon Mission
• To contribute to the monitoring of Individuals’ progress, assessment and maintain records.
• To be responsible for reading and working to Langdon Policy & Procedure, with particular regard to the Jewish Ethos and Culture
You should be able to demonstrate:
• Kind and caring manner
• Flexibility and reliability
• QCF (NVQ) Level 2 in social care or the willingness to work towards this qualification
• A good standard of reading and written English.
• Previous experience of working with adults with Learning Disabilities, Autism and Asperger’s Syndrome is desirable but not essential.
• Full training will be given to the successful applicant.
If you are looking for a fresh challenge, enjoy engaging with people, have a real desire to make a difference to someone’s life and the skills required to help us deliver a high level of service to our Members, then we want to hear from you.
Please note this post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure application to the Disclosure and Barring service if you are successful after interview.
If you enjoy engaging with people, have a desire to make a difference in someone’s life, then please send applications to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0845 600 6562